Arranging A Funeral
If you are chosen as the person responsible for arranging a funeral, you would enter into a contractual agreement with Victoria Funerals, which would give us the authority to act on your behalf when carrying out your wishes. We would receive our instructions directly from you, so other members of the family would consult with you. The contract also specifies cost and terms of payment.
- Would your loved one have wished for a burial or cremation?
- Do they already own a grave?
- Which Cemetery or Crematorium do you wish to book?
- Will the ashes be scattered, interred or taken home?
- Do you wish to purchase several urns?
- What type of service do you require?
- Would you prefer a Viewing or Rosary?
- Do you want to hold the Funeral Service in a Church, at the Cemetery Capel or in our Chapel?
- Which Church do you want the Funeral Service held in?
- Will you require a Celebrant for the Funeral Service?
- Is there a special selection of music you wish to have?
- Will you place a Death Notification in the newspaper?
- In which newspaper would you like to place a Funeral Notice?
- Will you have a photographic or video tribute?
- Do you prefer a casket or coffin?
- Do you prefer a timber or metal casket?
- Will the floral tribute be a floral cross or a sheaf?
- Do family members expect you to order sympathy flowers on their behalf?
- Who will be the pallbearers?
- Who will deliver the eulogy?
- Will you collect donations on behalf of a hospital, Church or organisation?
- Do you wish to release doves ?
- Do you require a candle box for the grave till the monument is built? (Orthodox clients)
- Will you have a Memorial Book so that friends and family can sign the register?
- Would you like Memorial Cards?
- Do you require refreshments after the Funeral Service?
- Will you have a Funeral Service before repatriation interstate or overseas?
- Who do you nominate as the Consignee?
- Will family be travelling interstate or overseas with the deceased?
Take a tour of the beautiful facilities available at Victoria Funerals.
Our Personal Touch
At Victoria Funerals our personal touch and attention to detail ensures that your loved one will receive the most dignified farewell that he or she deserves. The scope of our funeral services includes booking the burial or cremation, obtaining the death certificate, Centrelink notification, casket or coffin selection, floral tribute selection, memorial cards, refreshments, funeral photography and more.